President and CEO
- The Louisiana Association of Sports, Outdoor Adventure, and Recreation (LASOAR)
- Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
- Category: Executive-President and Chancellor
- Posting Date: 03/12/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
LASOAR is a youth non-profit based in Lafayette, LA. We work to improve the health and quality of life of children in Louisiana through outdoor play.
LASOAR promotes the power of play and reconnects youth to the natural world by providing year-round opportunities for youth to get outside and get active with our Outdoor Adventure Kids program, Recreational Classes, Neighborhood Sports Leagues, Family Camp Out program, and Eco-Initiatives such as Native Gardening and Beekeeping.
As LASOAR CEO you will be responsible for leading the organization and making major decisions. Other duties include:
- Act as the figurative head of the organization when communicating with stockholders, government entities and the general public
- Lead the development of the organization's long- and short-term strategies
- Manage overall operations and make major decisions affecting the organization
- Manage the organization's resources
- Negotiate or approve agreements and contracts for the organization
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for staff and board members.
- Experience working with youth and/or teaching grades K-12 or college-level is preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Internship
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Enforcing mask mandates and social distancing guidelines. Frequent cleaning and sanitation. Limited equipment sharing when possible. Separating participants into smaller groups.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Leadership Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place